6 Month Overview
Kickstart Media Tasks
- Check for and implement any software updates including WordPress, Themes and plugins
- Remove any spam comments
- Respond to requests from Don
- Run website security scan and fix any problems.
- Run speed test on website and fix any problems.
- Check analytics and compile reports
- Meet with Don to discuss specific goals and needs
- Implement any speicifc requests from Don and team including site design changes, creation of new pages and templates, new book or product launches and social media questions and advice.
- \Monitor security and warning messages from Wp-Engine and respond to all needed tasks to maintain security.
- Fix all emergencies that occur such as SSL issues, website down issues.
- Fix Constant Contact integration with Facebook
- Created new analytics page listing all reports.
- Modified the website search engine to show most recent first per Bill’s wishes.
- Ran quarterly software update and security sweep
- 6 Month analytics and report
- Design special promotion pages for books or events that come up.
Website Security and Platforms
We’ve been running Word Press software and utilizing a custom theme with assorted plugins. We run our store through Woo Commerce and are hosting our site using Wp-Engine. Kickstart Media keeps all of this updated, secure and configured properly.
We have had phenomenal uptime with the website since moving to Wp-Engine hosting and our website speed has been great. In addition, the platform has been exceptional at weeding out hacking attempts, issuing warnings and working with Kickstart Media to mitigate any potential problems.
Wp-engine also vets all updates from Word Press and makes recommendations on how we should handle potential situations. Kickstart Media then implements the recommendations or an alternative.
General Website Traffic Overview
This 6 month period has been heavily influenced by contemporary events, specifically Corona virus and the 2020 Election cycle. We have responded with timely articles responding to current events and have had a powerful impact.
As our traffic grows we are attracting a massive portion of our new visitors from search engines and social media, both which have grown at very high rates.
Our traffic continues to stay steady with over 80% of the users coming to the site for the first time.
Mobile use continues to soar and is now consistently over half of our users (55.20%)
Overall we are seeing growth in the over 55 age group. In most of the other age groups our market share has dropped.
We are continuing to attract a high level of traffic from both organic search and social media. Social media traffic is up a staggering 110.35% so we’re doing a good job sharing articles on Facebook and Twitter.
Most popular pages remain the press releases on controversial new items. We’re doing great with this!
BM 6 Month April-Sept 2020 KSM4 Overview
BM 6 Month April-Sept 2020 Acquisition
BM 6 Month April-Sept 2020 Demographics
BM 6 Month April-Sept 2020 Mobile
BM 6 Month April-Sept 2020 Popular Articles
BM-October Popular Articles