Here are some examples of attempts to censor Christmas in 2007:
· For 75 years, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce sponsored the ‘Hollywood Christmas Parade.’ When it refused to sponsor the parade this year, the L.A. City Council took over, renaming it the ‘Hollywood Santa Parade.’
· The Department of Housing and Urban Development has censored Christmas religious symbols from its housing complexes.
· No Christmas decorations are allowed on school buses in parts of Vermont.
· A public official in Wisconsin wants to rename the State Capitol Holiday Tree the Christmas Tree, but is being opposed by the Freedom From Religion Foundation.
· Chattanooga has banned a live nativity scene from its public festivities.
· Sonoma City Council has nixed religious displays on the Plaza.
· Voters in Berkley, Michigan have forbidden a crèche at City Hall.
· Fort Collins, Colorado says it is okay to have green and red lights outside city buildings, but only secular symbols are allowed inside.
· Residents in Olean, New York are fighting over privately owned nativity scenes being displayed in city parks.
· A nativity scene in front of the Ypsilanti Township fire hall in Michigan has been banned.
· No religious symbols are allowed in Seattle-Tacoma airport, but trees made of cardboard are legit.
· Nativity scenes at Texas Tech are not permissible, but a tree is okay. The official in charge says, “We’re not saying it’s a holiday tree, because it’s a Christmas tree, but we choose to do a tasteful tree that really anybody can embrace.”
· After one person complained about a nativity scene in Shawnee State Park in Ohio, the state parks’ chief ordered a ban on crèches from all parks. It took the governor to overturn this decision.
· In Wesley Chapel, Florida, Jesus was banned from a holiday display.
· The mayor of Cranston, Rhode Island censored all religious displays.
· Government officials in Tehama County, California tried to ban Santa in office displays but had to reverse their decision after a protest.
· A nativity scene in Olean, New York was removed from the City Hall lawn after Wiccans placed the pentacle alongside it.
· A crèche was banned from Triangle Park in Manistique, Michigan.
· Freedom from Religion Foundation asked for an investigation of Ohio Governor Ted Strickland to determine whether or not he violated his oath of office to uphold the constitutions of Ohio and the United States by allowing nativity displays at public parks and offices.
· After a Catholic sued and won demanding a crèche alongside a menorah in Briarcliff Manor, New York, local officials banned both the Christian and Jewish symbols.
· The Dickens Christmas Festival in Saginaw, Michigan was renamed the Dickens Holiday Festival so the city could advertise in local schools. The schools ban the words “Santa,” “Christmas” and “Nativity.”
· Atheists Alliance International put up a tree on the lawn of Chester County Courthouse outside Philadelphia with copies of the covers of books saying, “Why I Am Not a Christian,” etc.
· Americans United for Separation of Church and State is trying to block the display of a crèche in Shelby County, Alabama.
· Freedom from Religion Foundation is trying to stop the display of nativity scenes in three Wisconsin towns.
As we commented to the press, these multicultural monsters are rearing their ugly heads once again, showing what they really mean by tolerance for diversity. The good news is that more and more Americans are fighting back against these cultural fascists.