ABC News is breaking out all over with its hot story about a Catholic official from Purcell Marian High School who was fired for rejecting Catholic teachings on marriage and the family. Now, of course, all the Catholic bashers are foaming at the mouth.
This issue has nothing to do with the firing of the Cincinnati administrator—the Left would have applauded if he were fired for making anti-gay remarks—it has everything to do with offending liberal sensibilities. And when it comes to firing employees for making statements liberals don’t like, the Left has no rival.
- In 2010, Juan Williams was fired from National Public Radio (NPR) because his employer objected to comments he made about Muslims on a television station unaffiliated with NPR.
- In 2012, Pat Buchanan was fired from MSNBC because he wrote a book his employer didn’t like.
- In 2010, Octavia Nasr was fired from CNN because she praised a radical imam on Twitter.
- In 2012, a reporter for the Houston Chronicle was fired for posting on her blog that she was a part-time stripper.
- In 2012, an African American female meteorologist was fired for replying to a racist on her Facebook page, even though her comments were inoffensive.
By the way, the station that fired the black woman for responding to a racist was KTBS. It is an ABC affiliate.
In short, Catholics don’t need to be lectured by hypocrites about workplace strictures.