Born Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz, Jon Stewart is a self-described “tiny, neurotic man.” He is also a bigot. Here are some of his past attacks on Christianity:
• In 1999, he mocked the pope when the Holy Father visited the U.S.
• In 2001, he compared the pope to the Grand Wizard of the KKK
• In 2002, he questioned whether Mary and Joseph had oral sex
• In 2007, he made an oral sex joke about a bishop
• In 2008, he made a gay joke about the Holy Family
• In 2008, he ridiculed priestly celibacy
• In 2011, he mocked the Body and Blood of Jesus
• In 2011, he claimed that a Norwegian madman was acting like a Christian
• In 2012, he said Our Blessed Mother was “knocked up”
While Stewart’s “vagina manger” assault on April 16 was far and away his most vicious moment, he is no stranger to Christian bashing. Moreover, on more than one occasion he has argued that there really is no difference between Islam and Christianity. Yet he always stays away from offending Muslims. And he not only throws nothing but jabs at Jews, he is hypersensitive over anything that mocks them. In short, he saves his vitriol for Christians.