NATIVITY SCENES VANDALIZED NATIONWIDE
Below is a list of vandalized nativity scenes this Christmas season:
- Vandals damaged a life-size nativity scene in Merced, California.
- Baby Jesus was stolen from a McKinney, Texas family’s yard.
- Over a dozen statues were stolen from a nativity scene in Pasco County, Florida, and three of the inflatable snowmen were slashed.
- A nativity scene was stolen from the yard of a Pataskala, New Jersey family.
- A family from Whitehall, Michigan also had its entire nativity scene stolen.
- In Camillus, New York, a 75-pound nativity scene was stolen from a church.
- The nativity scene in Chicago’s Daley Plaza was vandalized and baby Jesus was taken, even though the statue was locked down.
- Baby Jesus was also stolen from the Metcalf Mortuary in St. George, Utah.
- A church in Fairmount, New York had its nativity scene stolen.
- The baby Jesus was stolen from a large nativity scene in the historic Hancock Cemetery next to Quincy City Hall, Massachusetts.
- The Mountaineer Inn in Asheville, North Carolina had its nativity stolen by vandals.
- A family from Lockport, Illinois had its nativity scene stolen.
- A handmade nativity scene was destroyed by vandals on the property of a family in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- A nativity scene set inside Plexiglas was smashed to pieces in Mineola, New York.
- A front-yard nativity scene was damaged in Farmington, Illinois.
- Students at Taylor University in Indiana went on a rampage, vandalizing several Christmas decorations, including the nativity scene, and started a bonfire.
Catholic League president William Donohue commented as follows:
“This is the worst we’ve seen, and most nativity scenes have yet to be erected. It speaks to a problem that deserves a public discussion.”