WAR ON CHRISTMAS CONTINUES
As the following examples indicate, the war on Christmas is not over:
· After one person complained about a nativity scene in Shawnee State Park in Ohio, the state parks’ chief ordered a ban on crèches from all parks. It took the governor to overturn this decision.
· In Wesley Chapel, Florida, Jesus was banned from a holiday display.
· The mayor of Cranston, Rhode Island censored all religious displays.
· Government officials in Tehama County, California tried to ban Santa in office displays but had to reverse their decision after a protest.
· A nativity scene in Olean, New York was removed from the City Hall lawn after Wiccans placed the pentacle alongside it.
· A crèche was banned from Triangle Park in Manistique, Michigan.
· After a Catholic sued and won demanding a crèche alongside a menorah in Briarcliff Manor, New York, local officials banned both the Christian and Jewish symbols.
· The Dickens Christmas Festival in Saginaw, Michigan was renamed the Dickens Holiday Festival so the city could advertise in local schools. The schools ban the words “Santa,” “Christmas” and “Nativity.”
· Atheists Alliance International put up a tree on the lawn of Chester County Courthouse outside Philadelphia with copies of the covers of books saying, “Why I Am Not a Christian,” etc.
· Americans United for Separation of Church and State is trying to block the display of a crèche in Shelby County, Alabama.
· Freedom from Religion Foundation is trying to stop the display of nativity scenes in three Wisconsin towns.
Catholic League president Bill Donohue commented as follows: “The cultural fascists are still at it, but the good news is that more and more Americans are fighting back.”