VICTIMS’ LOBBY TO MEET IN BOSTON
The professional victims’ lobby is meeting in Boston this weekend for the “10th Anniversary Celebration & Conference.” Shamelessly, they are “celebrating” the 10th anniversary of media reports on the Boston clergy sexual abuse scandal. The speakers have quite a resume. We know from past experience what drives them.
• Actors and artists will set the tone with melodramatic precision
• Activists from SNAP, along with a suspended priest, will discuss their conspiracy theories about the “evil institution”
• Two psychiatrists and a psychologist will entertain the crowd with their fully discredited notions about “repressed memory”
• Bigoted lawyers will delight the audience by drawing analogies between Islamic terrorists and the Vatican
• Reporters and columnists who are so full of hate that they can’t see straight will recount their paranoid stories
One of the speakers, Kathy Dwyer, is already giving priests, brothers and nuns a “heads up.” These are her exact words: “PLEASE NOTE: We are asking any clerics (male or female) who may be planning on attending the conference to, out of respect for survivors, wear street clothes only.” But the only ones likely to attend don’t need to be told this anyway.
The event ends on Sunday at Boston’s Holy Cross Cathedral. But not for the purpose of going to Mass. Fittingly, they will hold a demonstration. What they will be demonstrating about no one really knows—the homosexual scandal effectively ended in the mid-1980s—but no doubt they will still find a way to bash the Catholic Church. It’s what they do.
I thought about going, at least to hang out, but the Giants are in the playoffs.
Contact Kathy Dwyer to register: firstname.lastname@example.org