Recently ABC News broke the story of an Ohio Catholic high school dean of students who was fired for supporting gay marriage on his blog. Unsurprisingly, Catholic bashers began foaming at the mouth.
This issue had nothing to do with the firing of the Cincinnati administrator—the Left would have applauded if he were fired for making anti-gay remarks—it had everything to do with offending liberal sensibilities.
When it comes to firing employees for making statements liberals don’t like, the Left has no rival. Consider the following:
- In 2010, Juan Williams was fired from National Public Radio (NPR) because his employer objected to comments he made about Muslims on a television station unaffiliated with NPR.
- In 2012, Pat Buchanan was fired from MSNBC because he wrote a book his employer didn’t like.
- In 2010, Octavia Nasr was fired from CNN because she praised a radical imam on Twitter.
- In 2012, a reporter for the Houston Chronicle was fired for posting on her blog that she was a part-time stripper.
- In 2012, an African American female meteorologist was fired for replying to a racist on her Facebook page, even though her comments were inoffensive.
By the way, the station that fired the black woman for responding to a racist was KTBS. It is an ABC affiliate.
In short, Catholics don’t need to be lectured by hypocrites about workplace strictures.